Tuesday 3 April 2012

Exhaustion

Poor Audrey's having a bad time with her teeth, so she's extra clingy and not sleeping too well. We've also been working at the shelter almost every day for the past week or so. As a result, I'm absolutely exhausted and I don't feel like I'm being the best mama I can be. I try to keep up, to smile and have fun and stay in-the-moment, to hold her hand and play games and not rush her. But when my energy is sapped I struggle with it, with holding her against my hip with one hand while stirring food with my other, or loading the dishwasher, or talking on the phone. Trying to clean a guinea pig cage in the brief moments when she's distracted by OOH SOMETHING CUTE!



She's sleeping in my arms now, though. Rosy pink cheeks and soft, sweet, just-washed hair, and cute little pyjamas with tractors and farms on them. So I'm going to bed, to sleep when she sleeps like I did when she was a tiny newborn, so tomorrow I can start fresh and take the time to appreciate mamahood a bit more.

I have so much to blog about, so many wonderful adventures with wonderful friends, so many memories and photos. But they'll keep until tomorrow, I think.

Goodnight from me and Audrey Bea!

No comments:

Post a Comment