Sunday 22 April 2012

Cling

Our dear friends Kat and Sindre came to visit Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago at Easter and while they were here they came to visit us. Kat has been my good friend for years now, and was a bridesmaid at my wedding. Although she lives quite far away in the mythical Viking winter land (Norway), I'd be hard pressed to think of someone else that I'm so close to or have shared so much with.

So it makes me so, so happy to see her loving my daughter.


Even if said daughter is a little more wary about her (at first).



They came round for dinner (fish n chips, oh yes) on Friday, and on Saturday came to the Easter event at Paws Here. It was wonderful to see them and felt far too short. They're the best sort of friends.


And even though it was the first time Sindre had met Audrey, he was great with her.




Friends are so important. I hope that's something I can help Audrey to learn - how to be a good friend. That thought inspires me to try harder, to be better, more present for my friends. To spend more time and more thought on them.




Kat also brought presents for Audrey (lucky lucky little girl that she is) - some gorgeous clothes which she's worn loads but I keep failing to get pics of her in, and some warm Norwegian boots from Kat's mom.



I'm absolutely high on motherhood right now, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm getting too mushy. But seeing her grow to recognise and love the people we love, and who obviously love her like she was family, may just be the best feeling I've ever experienced.

Let's cling to the people who are important to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment