Thursday 30 August 2012

Living the dream

"Mum?"

"Yeah?"

"My bear. Hold."

"Okay, baby."



I love having conversations with her. It never gets old.

I love that she wants me to join in with everything she does, and comes and grabs me by the hand and drags me over to whatever she's playing with.




I want to be a better mama. I want to interact and engage with her more, be more present, be less half-with-her and half-on-my-laptop.



This morning we put Dada's jumpers round our necks like superhero capes and danced to the hokey cokey. Audrey especially liked the turning around bit!


Then we put on some Tchaikovsky and did more twirling around, this time with our arms in the air like ballet dancers. Goggy joined in, gripped tightly by the ears.

We did painting, with brushes and our hands, then had a bath and got all cleaned up before nap time.


The other day some friends of our gave Audrey a dear little wooden rocking horse which their children used when they were little. They wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it, and let me tell you - Audrey appreciates the HECK out of it.


I tried to count up the number of words she can say. I got to about 200 before giving up. She knows a LOT of words and is making simple two-word sentences. Little lady loves to talk.




My life is full of motherhood. There are toddler books on my bed and my bath is full of bath toys. Do you know how long I've waited for a bath full of bath toys. When I walk past the bathroom my eye catches them and sometimes I just stop and drink in how lucky I am.



There's a little person who yells "Mama!" - and she's talking to ME.

I am treasuring every moment of this.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy it because there are far to many parents who don't, and it will fly blink and they are turning 12 yr :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Gillian, the time already flies by - it seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital!

      It's been such a crazy ride since then. So tough, but so much fun :)

      Delete