Thursday 7 June 2012

Back from Hiatus

Well, it's been well over a week since I last posted because we've all been really ill. Nasty, nasty cough that just won't go away and all the fevers and horridness that goes along with it.

We're just starting to get better now, so I thought I'd get back online and post some pics from just before we got so sick, enjoying the sunny weather.


Look at that smile. Audrey is coming on in leaps and bounds with her development, and every day showing more personality.




At nearly 14 months, Audrey loves to be a part of everything that's going on. She loves helping. She loves communicating. She sings the "row, row, row" part of Row Your Boat, and does the actions. She knows the signs for a drink of water, bunny, please. She understands how to be gentle, although she does still get a bit too enthusiastic with the rabbits and cats. She recognises friends.




I feel closer to her than ever lately. I feel like we're becoming friends. Sometimes she'll just spontaneously wander over to me and throw her arms round my neck for a big hug. Sometimes she'll take my hand when I know she doesn't really need to. When I cough, she pats me on the back.





Having a toddler is the most fun. I was scared of this stage in her development, because so many people talk about how awful it is, but I needn't have worried. It's the most fun EVER.


From the moment we wake up to the moment she goes to bed, she wants nothing more than to spend time with me and her dad. So much joy, from something so simple.





We've not been going out on adventures much at all this past week. I've just been too sick to even think about it. But we're off on a special adventure down to see Grandad Steve and Granny Mel for their wedding this weekend, and we're all really excited about it.




Here, have a quick video of Adorable Audrey before we say goodbye:



Good bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment