Wednesday 13 June 2012

Settling back in

Phew, what a week it's been. We've been away at my dad's wedding this past weekend, staying with my sister in Leicester from Friday-Monday. We had an amazing time, and I will be back to make a super awesome Post of Destiny about our trip over the next few days, but for now it's just so good to be home.




I am exhausted. But this little lady always perks me up.


She has had another burst of exciting development over the last few days. She can identify so many of the animals in her My First Animal book ("Can you point to the tiger? How about the elephant? Where's the sheep? And the gorilla?") and she can baa like a sheep, moo like a cow, roar like a lion/tiger/dinosaur, buzz like a bee, quack like a duck and hiss like a snake when you ask her.


More first words: she said "Kate" while we were staying at Aunty Kate's house (after a truly epic amount of prompting from said Aunty). She also says "bird" and "BOO!" lately. The other day I was cleaning out the rabbits when she came up behind me, very gently laid her hand on my back, and when I turned around she grinned and said "boo" very sweetly to me.


Nothing is as graceful and beautiful as her sign for "rain" - I really need to film it some time. I'm so glad we did the baby signing, as Audrey signs all the time and it is definitely her main method of communicating. When she's tired, frustrated, sad, it's the easiest way for her to try to let us know what's up.


She is so gorgeous. We are so, so lucky to have her.


No comments:

Post a Comment