Wednesday 19 October 2011

A quick plug

Just breezing by to plug a few things for my work.

Most of you know that I run a rescue that helps small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, degus, chinchillas etc that are abandoned, unwanted, sick or mistreated, and looks to find them new homes. The work I do for the shelter is unpaid, and the shelter is run entirely by volunteers. It's hard and often thankless work, but rewarding in ways that are hard to put into words. I've seen some of the worst humanity has to offer, but I've also seen animals take their first glimpse of sunlight after a lifetime of neglect, I've seen them feel grass under their feet for the first time, I've seen the life come back to their eyes when they realise that not every human being is going to hurt them.

It's gone from a job I do to something that defines me. Who am I? I am this. I am a person who cares about animals, who hates to see them suffering and who does something about it.

We're holding a St. Andrew's Day Ceilidh and Supper to celebrate all the work we do, you can read more about it on our website here.

Also our 2012 calendars are now available for pre-order, you can find them here. They were very popular last year, so hurry to get yours this time around!

Thanks for reading this, we'll now return to your regularly scheduled cute baby pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment