Thursday 18 October 2012

Not Enough Time in the Day

I've been a terribly blogger lately, and my only excuse is that we've been having lots of fun doing things we love, and Audrey's teething has again been causing her sleep problems, meaning that by the end of the day I'm just too worn out to sit down and blog.





Ian has also been working very long hours the past fortnight, which has made things very difficult for all of us. He has missed Audrey so much, on some nights not getting back from work until after she and I are both asleep. I know he's felt bad to be missing out on all that time with her - hence the lovely photos in this post of Audrey and her Dad - the best dad ever.




I keep talking about balance in life - it's the most tricky thing to get right. I love to write, and I've been neglecting my writing for years due to being simply too busy with other things and not making it a priority. I decided that all has to change, and have started writing again in earnest - which is great! But the more attention I give to one thing in my life, the more other things start to suffer. Housework, Audrey adventures, pen friends, keeping in touch with people... like with the blog, things start to slide.


It's hard, when I want to give all my attention and passion to x, to then continually have to devote my time and energy to y and z - often to the point where x gets hopelessly neglected until after Audrey is asleep at night and I'm too tired to get anything productive done!




Yesterday Nana B came to visit for the day, and Audrey had such a wonderful time playing with her. She says "Nana B" and "Grandad POP".


It's important to hold on to the things that move you, the things you're excited about, just as much as it's important to push yourself to do at least some of the stuff that, at times, can feel like a chore.



We're muddling through.


No comments:

Post a Comment