Saturday 14 May 2011

13th May - One Month On

One month since she was born. It's been the quickest month of my life. People really aren't lying when they say it goes fast, way too fast. She's already so much bigger than she was. In fact, the health visitor came round yesterday and weighed her - she's now 9lb4! Up from 7lb12 when she was born.


People say it goes quickly. People also say that it's tough work. It is tough, but I try to make sure I stop and appreciate it as much as I can - I try to be really present in every moment with her. I constantly remind myself that one day she'll be grown up and I'll look back on this time and wish that I could have ten minutes of it back, ten more minutes with my tiny baby. I remind myself of this especially at 3am when she's crying again and wants feeding again and I'm so tired I could start crying too!


One of the wonderful things lately has been that she has started to try to smile. She's almost there - look:






Uncle David and Aunty Katy came to visit last weekend. It's so wonderful to see family - I'm so happy that Audrey has all these people that love her. I keep thinking back to my own childhood, seeing uncles and aunts and cousins and spending summers at my grandparents house visiting everyone... it's brilliant that Audrey will have all these things too.



So it turns out 1 month old is a pretty fabulous age. Full of naps and hugs and early summer and almost-smiles and mornings with dad.

Looking beautiful, Audrey Bea!

No comments:

Post a Comment