Monday 17 September 2012

17 months

Audrey is 17 months old. She hugs my leg and grabs my hand and drags me along to whatever she wants to show me. She often takes me into the kitchen, into the corner of the room, and pulls me down until I'm face to face with her and then grins and gives me a big hug with lots of loud kisses.


She's taken to sleeping with a teddy, Charles, that her great grandma and great grandad gave her when she was tiny. She hugs him in the night time. Her sleep has improved markedly since she started doing this!


She got three new teeth in the last week or so. She has nine teeth now.




She likes to draw pictures of spiders with her Dada on the blackboard, and then rub them out again. She sometimes wakes him up by kissing him on the nose. She says "ready - GO!"


She likes to sit on the kitchen surfaces so she can see what I'm doing when I cook. She likes to "help" with everything I do around the house, she says "help!" and grins like she's so proud of herself. She says "tidy" and "dirty" and "clean". If she spills her drink of water she says UH OH and goes to get a towel to dry it. She likes Shambles way better than Sebastian (our cats). She likes to pretend everything is a hat. She shrugs when she doesn't know something.



She likes to pretend to sleep, or drink. She likes going to bed and reading stories, she likes choosing which stories. She likes broccoli. She likes wellies. She likes walking on the grass, and watching videos on youtube. She likes eating with a fork. She likes scrambling her Dad's Rubik's cubes.


She's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment