Saturday 28 July 2012

Nice - Happy

In amongst all the busy and dash and plan and frantic, we've had some really beautiful times recently.


We've been spending time with new friends from the local home ed group, especially with little ones Imogen and Rhea and their lovely mum Rowan.





On Wednesday a big group of us met at the Hermitage to play in the water and the grass and the brief sunshine. And, most especially, the MUD.


Audrey loved it, and I'm so happy to see her confidence developing at its own special pace. Just a few short months ago she'd have been clinging to me, arms held up, "Mama Mama!" But now she's off, almost faster than I can keep up with, smiling happily and trying out her brand new words on adults and children alike. Imogen even got her to try on some of her sunglasses!



I like to think that not pressuring her into an independence she wasn't ready for has given her the security to blossom, now, into this beautifully social little girl - a little girl who can play with the crowd one moment, and wander off on her own to find flowers the next.




Her vocab continues to multiply daily. Yesterday she said the words nice, kiss and happy for the first time. Such beautiful words, I can't begin to tell you... it's a day I'll treasure for the rest of my life.


Sadly on Wednesday I got called away to a rabbit-related emergency, and while on the way to the vet hospital Audrey got very travel sick. This has happened before, and I'm starting to think she's inherited the motion-sickness gene from my side of the family - I don't get it, but my sisters get it something fierce. Poor baby was all shaky and worn out from it all, we got her all cleaned up and I nursed her for a while and she fell fast asleep for the rest of the journey.




We're going away on holiday to visit family in Blackpool, so I won't be able to update the blog for a week. We're so looking forward to this break - Audrey's first summer holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment