Saturday 5 November 2011

Friends and visits

After all the excitement of the wedding, we barely had time to recover before my friend Cori came to stay for a week. I'd been looking forward to seeing her so very much, since she moved down to Sussex a few months back.



While she was here we met up with another friend I've not seen in ages - Zoe!

I miss my far-away friends so much. I worry that since having Audrey and being so busy I'm being a rubbish friend and not staying in close enough contact with all the wonderful people who mean so much to me. Zoe and Cori are awesome people and great friends, and I'm both very lucky to have them in my life and proud to call them role models for my daughter.

While Cori was here we went on a train trip to Linlithgow, a small town outside Edinburgh that has the distinction of being the future birthplace of Montgomery Scott, chief engineer of the Starship Enterprise. Audrey had a seat to herself on the train, where she ate a rice cake and stared disconcertingly at other passengers.

Linlithgow was a lovely little place, with cosy little cafes and park benches, and lots of ducks and swans on the lake to say hello to.




In the park, there were even swings!


Audrey LOVED the swings, she laughed and laughed.



It was such a fantastic trip, and such a fantastic week. Cori - come back and visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment