Saturday 20 August 2011

Perfect

Some lovely things have been happening lately in the world of Audrey that I want to record. For instance, her first time watching Star Trek with us today! We watched an episode of Next Gen (Klingon-centric, lots of Worf) and she sat on the sofa with her eyes all wide staring at the screen. I think she likes Captain Picard best. We don't watch a lot of tv, but Ian and I do like to sit and watch an episode of Star Trek together and it was wonderful that she could join in. Little geek in training!
She's becoming ever more aware of what's going on around her, and with that awareness comes the first touch of insecurity - she's slightly more clingy with me and Ian, slightly more shy of new people. Still a very confident baby, happy to hug and say hi to everyone, but lately wanting her parents especially to be close by. At night she sleeps (in the big cot now!) right by my bed, close enough to reach a hand through the bars and touch me if she needs to. The other night I felt her warm little hand rest gently on my chest, making sure I was still there while she slept. So sweet.
She also reached out to be held for the first time. To Ian, of course! She loves him so much, her eyes light up when she sees him and she smiles and smiles. She's also started laughing, especially when you tickle her or pull a funny face/make a funny noise. She's been splashing in the bath, and we've been having lots of fun at bath time with Sherduck Holmes and Ickle Baby Bath Bots from Lush.

All in all, this is a wonderful, beautiful stage. Audrey is great fun to spend time with, and I find I miss her even when she's sleeping. She's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment