Tuesday 15 April 2014

Here comes the sun

Today was one of those days, one of those "Life - you are doing it right" days. We have quite enough of the other sorts of days, but occasionally one of these comes along and makes everything sweeter and more valuable.


Each week I organise (for a very loose definition of organise) an outing for the early years section of our home education network. I post a list of ten in advance, all things that Audrey and I will enjoy doing, and tell people they are welcome to come along or not as they like. It works well, and is low pressure and fun.



Today we went to the steam railway at Bo'ness with some of our home ed friends. It was a beautiful sunny day and we went there on the coach.




We played in the train museum, we played by the harbour, we played on big rocks and in the grass.


Then we went on the steam train.



You guys. We went on a steam train!



Oh my word. The kids loved it. They shrieked and squealed their happy, excited way along the track and back. It was the most joyous thing I've seen in a long time. It did me good.


I'm feeling so grateful for our friends lately. What a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment