Tuesday 7 May 2013

Outside

The weather is finally starting to turn - away from frost and unexpected snow falls into daffodils and tree blossom and the occasional patch of cold sunshine.


It's a change we enjoy. We're going out more often (hello year pass to the zoo) and enjoying the city in new ways. Fewer trips to the museum, more trips to the Botanic Gardens, to the zoo, to the Hermitage. More swings and slides and see-saws. More paddling in the burn.


Audrey's sleep has been unsettled for months now and nothing we try seems to help - until last night, when we put a black out curtain up on the nursery window and she slept until gone 7am! This is a very welcome change to the 5am mornings, although a part of me will miss waking up with the sun. I am such a morning person, and I love the quietness of that early time - especially in spring/summer, when it's light out.





I have to confess, I really struggle with how dark it gets here for so much of the year. Days where we only get a few hours of dim day time. It seems to go on for so long, and it's so very draining. Especially with a two year old - we want to be outside! It's only spring and already I'm dreading next winter. Ah well, I suppose I have all summer to get used to the idea.










No comments:

Post a Comment