Wednesday 14 September 2011

Five month munchkin

Audrey turned 5 months old yesterday. I'm sure at some point I will stop counting each month like a milestone, but that point is still a long way off! We spent the day at my work and Audrey had a great time looking at all the bunnies and other little animals, and saying hi to the volunteers. She's such an absolute joy to be with, so much fun and so, so sweet. She grips tightly onto me when I carry her now, and her face lights up whenever she sees me.
She's been feeding a lot at night lately. I think it may be a growth spurt coming on. As much as it's annoying to be so tired, it's also a wonderful time lying side by side in the dark and the quiet, listening to the sounds of her feeding, her little body tucked up so close and warm. This is a time that I'll never get back again. I'm in no hurry to see it go, even if it would be nice to get a full night's sleep from time to time.


She grins all the time, big open-mouthed smiles with bursts of her ridiculous laughter. She especially loves it if you play with her legs and feet, a bit of cancan dancing is always sure to make her giggle.

Ok, I have to go. Sleepy wee five month old awaits. Night night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment