Thursday 28 April 2011

Early Bird

I am such a morning person. I'm growing to really appreciate these early mornings with Audrey Bea, the quite her-and-me time before Ian and the rest of the world wake up. We sit in the nursery in my rocking chair, and the window is at such an angle as to catch just the right amount of early morning sunlight. Audrey is awake in a gentle, slow sort of way where she lies in my arms and just stares at me and the sunlight and the nursery for a while. We listen to quiet music and sometimes Audrey plays in the baby gym, we feed and we rock, until her dad wakes up and then it is bathtime and adventure time and getting dressed in perfect, tiny clothes time. Then we move downstairs and have breakfast and think about getting ready for our daily walk in the park.

But for now, it's the morning time, all quiet and fragile and wide eyed. It's wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment